easyMarkets Review 2023
easyMarkets is an online broker offering trading in several asset classes including forex, commodities, indices and shares. Supported trading vehicles include CFDs, options and forwards. Our Easy Markets broker review will focus on the opportunities for UK traders, covering how to register for a live account, pip spreads, mobile apps, minimum deposit requirements, withdrawals and more.
About Easy Markets
easyMarkets was established in 2001 and is a trading name of Easy Forex Trading Ltd. The company is an EU affiliate of Blue Capital Markets, also the parent company of easyMarkets Pty Ltd which provides investment services to the Asia Pacific region. The EU subsidiary operates from a head office in Limassol, Cyprus and is regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC). Easy Markets follows a ‘simply honest’ philosophy for all services, boasting transparency and accessibility.
Easy Markets is an official partner of Real Madrid CF.
The broker offers two online trading platforms; its proprietary Web Platform and the industry-established MetaTrader 4. MT4 is available for free download to desktop devices while the easyMarkets Web Platform is available through major browsers.
easyMarkets Web Platform
The broker’s proprietary platform is an easy-to-use interface with relevant trading tools including technical indicators, signals, financial calendars, charts and graphs, plus market news. Exclusive features include:
- dealCancellation – undo a trade for a small fee
- Inside View – market sentiment tool based on live transactions
- Freeze Rate – avoid market fluctuations, pause a price rate and place a trade
- 20-year historical data
- Instant & pending orders
- Fully customisable interface
- Create custom trading templates
- Trading Central news and analysis
- 2,500 automated trading algorithms
- Access hundreds of indicators and signals
Easy Markets offers clients trading opportunities in the following markets:
- Metals – including gold and silver
- Forex – major and minor currency pairs
- Commodities – including oil, gas, wheat and cotton
- Shares – global company shares including Amazon, Intel and Tesla
- Indices – access many stock exchanges including UK100, US30, and Germany30
easyMarkets also support various trading techniques:
- CFDs – access 200+ day trading products
- easyTrade – set risk limits and time durations
- Vanilla options – trade the upward and downward trend of an asset
- Forwards – lock in pricing to protect trades from future market movements
Spreads are fixed by instrument and do not fluctuate during market trading hours. Spreads vary by trading platform given the single account option available for UK traders. Lower spreads are typically found on the MT4 platform. For example, the GBP/USD forex pair is offered at 1.3 pips on the MT4 account vs 1.7 pips on the easyMarkets Web Platform. The tightest spread offering for commodity trading is gold at 3 pips. Visit the broker’s website for a full spread list by trading instrument and platform.
Easy Markets does not charge an additional trading commission fee on any transactions. The broker does charge swap rates for positions held overnight. Dormant accounts are liable for a £25 bi-annual fee after 12 months of inactivity.
Easy Markets leverage varies by financial market. UK traders should note that ESMA leverage caps are applied when trading. Major forex pairs including EUR/USD and GBP/USD are offered up to a maximum of 1:30. Minor pairs such as GBP/AUD and USD/HKD are offered up to 1:20. The maximum leverage available on shares trading is 1:5.
Easy Markets offers a mobile app, available for free download to iPhone (iOS) and Android (APK) devices. The app allows for complete market access and price movements review while on the go. The easyMarkets app supports various trading strategies with no margin requirements and complete trade time selection.
The user-friendly app offers an extensive list of tools and features including:
- Live graphs
- Financial calendar
- Market sentiment tool
- Open and close positions
- Price notifications and alerts
- dealCancellation tool available for a small fee
Easy Markets minimum deposit requirements on UK accounts is £25 and competitive vs Pepperstone which recommends a £500 initial deposit. All deposits are free. Payment methods include:
- Bank wire transfer – up to 3 working days processing time
- E-wallets – instant to 1 day processing time, including Neteller and Skrill
- Online banking – variable processing times up to 5 working days, including Sofort
- Credit/debit cards – instant processing, accepted cards include Visa, Mastercard and Amex
To request a withdrawal from your Easy Markets account, log in and visit the fund management section. A minimum withdrawal amount of £50 is applicable for bank transfers, all other methods have no limit. Easy Markets processes withdrawal requests within one business day, subject to security protocol review. No fees apply. Proof of identity and residential address is required under KYC regulation.
The broker offers a demo account with access to virtual funds. Registration is quick, requiring an email address and password creation. These accounts are a good way to understand platform features, test strategies, or practice trading with no risk in real-life market conditions.
Easy Forex Trading Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC). This is a respected regulatory body in the financial market with stringent operating standards. Under this regulation, traders are can be assured of segregated funds in top-tier banks and protection from the Investor Compensation Fund up to €20,000. The company also has licensing to provide services in the European Union through the MiFID directive.
Note: the broker is currently subject to limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority, temporary management allowing EEA-based firms to operate in the UK while awaiting authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The broker’s website offers many additional trading support and educational features suitable for new or experienced investors. The easyMarkets Academy is offered free of charge to all registered clients following account sign-up. Traders benefit from an in-depth educational course with supporting YouTube video content.
Other additional features offered by easy Markets include downloadable e-books covering topics such as understanding trading platform features along with top tips and bulletins. A full financial terms glossary and an extensive FAQ section can also be found on the broker’s website.
Easy Markets account types are limited to just one option for UK clients – VIP. The account is available on both MT4 and the easyMarkets Web Platform, offering:
- Fixed spreads
- Daily trading insights
- Customer phone support
- No account fees or commissions
- Minimum deposit requirement of £25
The key differences between the VIP MT4 and VIP Web Platform account options include the spread offering, typically lower on the MT4 account (MT4 EUR/USD 0.9 pips vs Web Platform EUR/USD 1 pip) and minimum transaction size (MT4 0.01 lot vs Web Platform £70).
Easy Markets also provides a swap-free investment Islamic Account.
- Demo account
- easyMarkets academy access
- Several customer support options
- Low minimum deposit requirements
- CySEC regulation and MiFID directive
- Proprietary trading platform access with exclusive features and established MT4
- No MetaTrader 5 platform
- Zero no deposit bonuses & promotions
- Only one account type option for UK traders
- Minimum withdrawal amounts applicable on some payment methods
Easy Markets follows standard office hours. Trading times vary by instrument with a typical 24-hour open window Monday to Friday. A full list of market trading hours by instrument can be found on the broker’s website.
easyMarkets provides multiple customer support options:
- Email – email@example.com
- Contact number – +357 25 828 899
- Online live chat – bot logo on website
- Social media – Viber, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp chat
- Headquarters address – PO Box 53742, Limassol 3317, Cyprus
Trading account access is fully password protected. Personal data is protected by SSL encryption on desktop, web browser and mobile apps. Both trading platforms assure secure logins and industry-standard data privacy.
Easy Markets Verdict
Easy Markets is an established broker, offering opportunities for traders of all abilities to invest in many asset classes. Our review is pleased to see transparent services, offering clients easy-to-navigate platforms, unique benefits and hundreds of instruments to trade under a reputable regulator. Bear in mind the fixed spreads and the variation between the broker’s trading platforms.
Is easyMarkets Regulated?
Yes, Easy Markets is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) under the trading name Easy Forex Trading Ltd, license number 079/07. Unfortunately, the broker is not licensed with the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Does Easy Markets Offer A Demo Account?
Yes, Easy Markets offers a demo account with access to virtual funds. Practice and review your trading strategies and assess platform features risk-free. Sign up on the broker’s website.
What Is The Minimum Deposit Requirement For An Easy Markets Live Trading Account?
Easy Markets minimum deposit requirement on UK accounts is £25. This is a low barrier for beginners and the broker also accepts 18 deposit currencies.
Is Easy Markets A Legit Broker?
Yes, our review concludes Easy Markets is a legitimate broker with stringent regulation and authorisation. Coupled with 20 years of experience we can be assured that this broker is trustworthy.
Which easyMarkets Entity Allows UK Trading?
UK traders should trade under the EU affiliate Easy Forex Trading Ltd – authorised by the CySEC. Easy Markets Pty Ltd offers services to residents of Asia Pacific regions.
Compare easyMarkets with Other Brokers
These brokers are the most similar to easyMarkets:
- Pepperstone - Pepperstone is a leading online broker with over 400,000 clients in more than 175 countries. The top-rated brokerage offers excellent market access, industry-leading platforms in MT4, MT5, TradingView and cTrader, plus low fees with no hidden charges. Pepperstone is also heavily regulated with a high trust score, holding licenses with reputable bodies, including the FCA, ASIC, DFSA, and CySEC.
- FP Markets - FP Markets is an ASIC- and CySEC-regulated broker that offers forex and CFD trading on a broad range of assets through the MT4, MT5 and IRESS platforms. With trading available through standard and raw spread accounts on thousands of international stocks, forex, indices, commodities, cryptocurrencies, bonds and ETFs, this broker has some of the most comprehensive market coverage available. FP Markets also offers a full range of additional features, including educational resources and access to powerful software such as Autochartist.
- BlackBull Markets - BlackBull is a New Zealand-based CFD broker with trading opportunities on forex, stocks, indices, commodities and cryptos. The broker supports the MetaTrader 4 and 5 platforms as well as TradingView and a proprietary mobile app. Clients can trade with high leverage and tight spreads from 0 pips on the broker's ECN accounts.
easyMarkets Feature Comparison
|easyMarkets||Pepperstone||FP Markets||BlackBull Markets|
|Markets||Forex, Stocks, Commodities, Crypto||Forex, Stocks, Commodities, Crypto||Forex, Stocks, Commodities, Crypto||Forex, Stocks, Commodities, Crypto|
|Minimum Trade||Variable||0.01 Lots||0.01 Lots||0.01 Lots|
|Regulators||CySec, ASIC, BVI, FSCA||FCA, ASIC, CySEC, DFSA, CMA, BaFin, SCB||ASIC, CySEC, ESMA||FMA, FSA|
|Platforms||MT4, MT5||MT4, MT5, cTrader||MT4, MT5, cTrader||MT4, MT5|
|Leverage||1:30||1:30 (Retail), 1:500 (Pro)||1:30 (UK), 1:500 (Global)||1:500|
Trading Instruments Comparison
|easyMarkets||Pepperstone||FP Markets||BlackBull Markets|
easyMarkets vs Other Brokers
Compare easyMarkets with any other broker by selecting the other broker below.
|easyMarkets is a multi-regulated forex broker offering leveraged trading opportunities on forex, stocks, indices, commodities and crypto. With fixed spreads, an affordable initial deposit, regulation from several reputable bodies and a diverse selection of account currencies, this broker provides simple and straightforward trading solutions to a diverse range of traders.|